Before we start with understanding of C language, we shall answer two questions here.
- What is C?
- Why should we learn it when there are many advanced languages available?
What is C?
- C is a programming language developed at AT & T’s Bell Laboratories of USA in 1972.
- C is developed my Dennis Ritchie. Know more about Dennis Ritchie here.
- C became more popular than the other languages that existed then because it was more reliable, easy to use and stable.
Why should we learn it when there are many advanced languages available?
- C is a most basic language that gives you the fundamental idea of programming.
- To argue that C is outdated or obsolete will not be true.
- The advanced languages use objected oriented programming which has many advantages but to perform well and grasp them easily, it is better to understand C.
- Have you ever played computer games like counter strike where you have to reload your guns and shoot in seconds. Such fast actions are created using C as it is really quick when it comes to compiling and running.
Let me explain. When we were in Junior classes we were taught alphabets A, B, C … Z.
Imagine if u were taught spellings like CAT and BALL without knowing what is C, A, T B,L. how would it be. Of course it is possible but too difficult and foolish to do. So I would say take a straight path. Start with C!